VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets. VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts that have a deep expertise in the area of Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks and reduce costs for our clients.
We are currently looking to fill a mid-level MongoDB DBA 100% remote position for a large federal government project.
- Maintain multiple databases by identifying and solving database requirements and supporting users.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications
- Configure and monitor MongoDB instances and replica sets
- Write scripts to automate tasks
- Improve database backups and test recoverability
- Study the database needs of our applications and optimize them using MongoDB
- Maintain database performance and capacity planning
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers
- Availability for on-call nights/weekend shifts as necessary
- Advanced knowledge of MongoDB and Oracle
- Coding skill in Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby or Java
- Solid knowledge of MongoDB database concepts
- Experience with modern 24x7 web production environments is a plus
- Experience with database replication and scaling issues i
- Active Veterans Affairs access preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Math/Information Technology, or equivalent
Perks and Benefits
- 100% telecommute position
- Simple IRA with employer-matching
- Laptop Allowance
- PTO + Federal Holidays
This is a full time / work from home opportunity.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship.