VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets. VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts that have a deep expertise in the area of Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. Our services portfolio includes Program Management Office Support, Enterprise, System and Application Architecture, Software Design and Development, Data Management, Process Management, Health Data Interoperability, Standards Definition, Software Quality Assurance, Independent Validation and Verification and Operations and Sustainment Support.
VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks and reduce costs for our clients.
We are currently looking to fill a new DevOps Engineer position for a large federal government project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the Release Management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise.
- Work collaboratively with all participants in agile software development project and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build Dev / Test environments.
- Improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Interface and communicate with Test Managers, Dev Managers, IT Ops and the PMO on a daily basis.
- Ensure build and release processes and procedures are followed.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams.
- Conduct Release Readiness Reviews and Milestone Reviews.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Work with other technical team members to resolve all release related issues.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Participate in Change Advisory Board meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release.
- Must have experience in working with the Amazon cloud setting up environments.
- 5+ Years of experience in release management and DevOps including release, build and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Experience should include SCM, Build/Release Management, and Change/Incident Management, Managed Build and deployments in both PROD and Non-Production
- Experience with build process, repository management and branching concepts.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Being highly productive and performing well under pressure.
- Learning quickly and adapting easily to new challenges.
- Must be able to obtain a Federal security clearance (MBI).
- Previous experience with the Dept. of VA, tools, processes and frameworks -- (specifically VIP, PMAS and ProPath).
- Working knowledge of financial and healthcare business domains.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent.
- 5 years of professional experience in Build and Release management process and DevOps in Amazon cloud setting up environments
Perks and Benefits
- Telecommute position
- Simple IRA with employer-matching
- PTO + Federal Holidays
- Laptop Allowance
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.