VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets. VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts that have a deep expertise in the area of Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. Our services portfolio includes Program Management Office Support, Enterprise, System and Application Architecture, Software Design and Development, Data Management, Process Management, Health Data Interoperability, Standards Definition, Software Quality Assurance, Independent Validation and Verification and Operations and Sustainment Support.
VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks and reduce costs for our clients.
We are currently looking to fill a new Test Engineer position for a large federal government project.
- Support comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases by collaborating with architects, developers, other test engineers and project managers
- Create and manage test data for automated and manual test scripts
- Perform manual and automated testing according to test plans
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments
- Develop and define major and minor characteristics of quality including quality metrics and scoring parameters and determine requisite quality control resources
- Support the design of test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures and develop automated testing tools
- Assist with development or specification of standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness
- Assist with development of testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system
- Perform initial debugging by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code to determine breakdown source
- Document test procedures to ensure reliability and compliance with standards
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality
- Review software design documentation to ensure technical accuracy / compliance / completeness to mitigate risk
- Prepare and execute test cases using Rational Quality Manager and other tools as required
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on testability of functional requirements and product designs, as well as LOEs for scheduling and planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-8 years of applicable experience
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology and role of Testing within the Agile development framework
- Strong Java knowledge, backend workflows and middleware services
- Understanding and applicable experience using testing tools comparable to Selenium, J Unit, SoapUI, and Fortify.
- Experience in writing efficient test plans and test cases that exercise all logic paths.
- Experience with writing master test plans (MTP), test suites and test cases.
- Experience in setting up the test environment needed to execute automated test scripts
- Experience in designing and implementing test metrics
- Must have or be able to obtain a Federal security clearance (MBI)
Perks and Benefits
- 100% telecommute position
- Simple IRA with 3% matching
- PTO + Federal Holidays
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.