VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets. VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts that have a deep expertise in the area of Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. Our services portfolio includes Program Management Office Support, Enterprise, System and Application Architecture, Software Design and Development, Data Management, Process Management, Health Data Interoperability, Standards Definition, Software Quality Assurance, Independent Validation and Verification and Operations and Sustainment Support.
VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks and reduce costs for our clients.
We are currently looking to fill a new Sr. Database Architect position for a large federal government project.
- Maintain multiple databases by identifying and solving database requirements and supporting users.
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers, analyzing department applications, programming, and operations, evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts, recommending optimum access techniques, coordinating installation requirements.
Required skills and responsibilities:
- BS Degree in Engineering/Math/Information Technology, or equivalent
- Oracle Certified DBA
- 5-7 years’ experience in Data Modelling, Database administration for Oracle 11g or higher databases and ORACLE RAC.
- Experience with VA’s Benefits Gateway Services (BGS) Program is a huge plus.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters, implementing new releases, completing maintenance requirements, evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepare users by conducting training, providing information, resolving problems.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of Database Performance Tuning.
- Good understanding of Database Security.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to presenting Technical Information.
- Being highly productive and performing well under pressure.
- Learning quickly and adapting easily to new challenges.
- Must be able to obtain a Federal security clearance (MBI).
- Experience with the Dept. of VA, tools, processes and frameworks.
This position is 100% Telecommute / Remote / Work from Home