VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets. VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts that have a deep expertise in the area of Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. Our services portfolio includes Program Management Office Support, Enterprise, System and Application Architecture, Software Design and Development, Data Management, Process Management, Health Data Interoperability, Standards Definition, Software Quality Assurance, Independent Validation and Verification and Operations and Sustainment Support.
VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks and reduce costs for our clients.
We are currently looking to fill a 100% remote Sr. Java Developer position for a large federal government project.
- Extensive experience in developing web-services using SOAP and REST protocols is required.
- Provide direction and mentoring for junior members of the team.
- Prepare system design documentation and other artifacts for project reviews.
- Act as a role model and advocate for best practices around test-driven development, agile software development, and customer-centric software.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for migration strategies, technical governance, and solution design, while working with program leadership and project resources who are delivering government solutions.
- Will be responsible for developing and ensuring proper implementation of system and program designs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current VA access is mandatory for this position.
- BS degree in Engineering or Related field.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have knowledge of software development best practices, including test-driven development, Agile, and/or other rapid application development methodologies.
- Solid experience in application systems design and use of architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- Good experience with NodeJS, Intersystems Cache, Oracle Weblogic, SQL, Ajax, JSP, CSS and HTML5.
- Architecting effective applications and systems solutions that address complex business needs.
- Conceptualizing models and guiding the logical design and development of systems architecture by determining systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and system security maintenance.
- Defining key systems capabilities and performance requirements.
- Coordinating the architecture of subsystem design and total system integration.
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving program support deficiencies and developing recommended corrective actions.
- Planning & coordinating with multiple technology/service partners for a timely response to meet customer requirements.
- Consulting with senior development staff to ensure proper system architecture and architectural design specification documents.
- Communicating design requirements to development team through detailed design and technical documents.
- Directing the technical team to ensure that the application architecture and standards are adhered to throughout the development process.
- Experience with the Department of Veteran Affairs, tools, processes and frameworks -- (specifically VIP, PMAS and ProPath)
- Experience with Service modeling using TOGAF/ FOSIM is a plus.
- Working knowledge of financial and healthcare business domains.
- Experience with VistALink and Mumps is a plus
- Experience with Epic integrations is a plus
- Medium Level Security Clearance (MBI)
Perks and Benefits
- 100% telecommute position
- Simple IRA with 3% matching
- Laptop Allowance
- PTO + Federal Holidays